Re: [custom] Custom Debian Distros need the help from debian developers

El Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 09:59:25AM +0100, Andreas Tille escribi� On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:
> >   For me, the Knoppix way of installation can be included as an option
> >   on the Debian LiveCDs, we only need to use the debian-installer
> >   partition system and once the disks are formated dump the LiveCD
> >   image and install a boot loader using the debian-installer tools.
> While this might be an option I would really prefer the current install
> process as the "default" way of installation vor various reasons.  But
> I know that many users tend to install Live CD contents to hard disks
> and we are obliged to care for the needs of our users.

  Yes, we agree here; for me this has to be an option but not the
  "default" one.

> >   Actually I don't have too much time to work on this issues, but as
> >   soon as I can I plan to write something and send it to Andreas for his
> >   paper and to this list for discussion.
> This would be great.
>
> If Alioth would be up and running I would include the Metadistros people
> into CC.  Moreover I think we should merge Metadistros and debian-knoppix
> which seem to have nearly the same goal and have done nearly the same
> amount of work yet. ;-)

  Well, I think the goal of both projects is the same, but the aproach
  is quite different; anyway I'm sure that Metadistros people would be
  interested in the LiveCD discussion, I'll write to the metadistros
  list to let them know about this thread.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69