Re: etiquette of bothering other developers?

Magosányi Árpád wrote:
> I would like to have some instructions on the etiquette of
> bothering other developers. I have a major problem
> which should be solved by another (group of) developer(s).
> I have choosen to send reminder emails in every two weeks.
> Is it considered to be a courteous behaviour?
> How much reminders to be sent until I take another step?
> What should it be? Cry out publicly in debian-devel, and
> *-announce (just kidding:)? Ask the leader to help resolve
> the situation? Ask someone to lobby for me on IRC?
In any case, getting things documented e.g. by filing a bug should be a
good idea.
If there is a special interest mailing list, that should take preference
over debian-devel (as it gives the thing a more technical touch and
doesn't insist on the social one as much).

Cheers

T.
--
Thomas Viehmann, <http://beamnet.de/tv/>