Re: run debian off usb flash drive

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 15:42, Marc Singer <elf@buici.com> wrote:
> > 250 erases per day on a single is not a likely amount of load for a
> > laptop provided that there is plenty of spare space.
>
> Single...what?  I suppose I wasn't clear in that this is 250 block

Single block.

> erases for a given block.  If the erase block is 128 KiB and you have
> only one free block (heaven forbid) that would require writing 32 MiB
> of data every day for a year before that block was unable to accept
> another write.

On my laptop 310M of data have been written over the last 15 hours (since the
last boot).  I have not done any compiles, none of the big cron jobs have
been run, and I have not done my daily update to unstable.

At my current level of use if I had 20 free blocks I could expect an error
after a year.