Re: *UNAPPROVED* dpkg nmu

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:53:22 +0200, Jarno Elonen <elonen@iki.fi> said:

>> You may have perfectly valid reasons for not being able to work on
>> dpkg at the moment, I'm not contesting that.  However these reasons
>> should not stop *anyone else* working on dpkg.

> Indeed. There are actually 49 entries with "Tags: patch" on them,
> including one of my own.

	Umm. I tend not to blindly apply patches to my packages
 either. Anyone can stick any tag on a report; the quality, and the
 type, of change still needs to be reviewd.

	Right now Sven Luther has a [patch] bug against
 kernel-package, but I am not comfortable with the change, and I think
 I have a better way of addressing the underlying issue. However,
 until I have time to think through the ramifications of my way, and
 to implement it, there is a bug sitting on the BTS with a tag
 [patch].

	I would be very unhappy if there was an NMU implementing that
 patch (I would, indeed, revert that NMU asap).

	manoj
--
QOTD: "It's a cold bowl of chili, when love don't work out."