On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 04:48:34PM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> > discussion, I will just quote one sentence from James which I think
> > summarizes it pretty well: "If I only approved people I liked and/or
> > people who didn't annoy me, just about no one would get through
> > new-maintainer." (obviously this is slightly exaggerated.)  Quite
>
> It may be, but that is a fairly disturbing statement, if we have someone
> seemingly that misanthropic in position of DAM.

Not really. It only means that we may occasionally need to "balance the
force" with a few, er, philanthropic people as well. And while we're at it,
just doing such work is fairly indicative of the fairly superficial nature
of said misanthropy.

> The situation we currently have is those who know or are friends of the
> DAM saying he's good at his job, is balanced etc., but then those who have
> been subject to his actions but who don't know him are saying otherwise.

Well, I could be considered a member of both factions, and I believe that
the truth is somewhere in the middle. Exactly where one would expect it
to be, really.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.