Re: serious problems with Mr. Troup

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 07:53:19PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > It's standard procedure for non-DD to get someone with a key in the
> > keyring to sign their message so that it will go through
> > debian-devel-announce. Think of it as a form of sponsorship, for
> > mailing lists instead of packages.
>
> 	I would expect to see the developers name on the headers of
>  the message, then.  It should not appear to come from the non-dd.

Well, as much as I'd like to agree with you on that, if we make a what seems
to be a valid parallel with sponsored uploads, we don't require people to
put their name in Changed-By or Maintainer or other fields, only that they
check the package. They can be traced through the signature, like in this
case.

I can't say it's much different in effect from a sponsored upload, either --
everyone who has the package will install the sponsored version
automatically in an upgrade, similarly to how everyone who's subscribed to
the list will see the sponsored post automatically when they read the
mailbox containing it...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.