RE: Python or Perl for a Debian maintainance project?

Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> You're comparing apples (program in language A which does handle errors
> correctly) with oranges (program in language B which does _not_).
>
> That's not the subject, as far as I am concerned. For me, the premise
> is a program (in whatever language you'd like) whose programmer didn't
> handle system errors correctly (because if they do there's basically no
> problem, right?) which runs into a system error.

And I thought we were discussing whether Perl programs' error handling was *inherently* worse (not as simple, not as flexible, whatever) than that of Python programs, due to Perl's allegedly worse (or non-existent, wrt to usability) exception handling features.