Re: Python or Perl for a Debian maintainance project?

Hi, Andrew Suffield wrote:

> Try comparing a python program that aborts due to an exception with a
> program that handles the error and emits a proper error message. Then you
> might begin to approximate the subject.

You're comparing apples (program in language A which does handle errors
correctly) with oranges (program in language B which does _not_).

That's not the subject, as far as I am concerned. For me, the premise is a
program (in whatever language you'd like) whose programmer didn't handle
system errors correctly (because if they do there's basically no problem,
right?) which runs into a system error.

Said error necessarily causes either a sudden program death or bad
(miscalculated, incomplete, ...) output. I do know which of these two
results _I_ prefer.

--
Matthias Urlichs