Re: Botched mass bug filing (Re: Packaging _still_ wasteful for many large packages)

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 07:53:36PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> Hardly - there's several more mails in that thread.

You're right, I missed one of the subthreads.

> Discussion on the list seemed to have finished, and I had several mails
> from people asking for advice on how to fix what they agreed were obvious
> bugs in their packages.

Yes, there's no question that some obvious bugs (like arch: any -doc
packages) were uncovered.

> And Josip said use Severity: normal.

I disagree with him here.  Normal would be appropriate for cases that you
checked personally and saw to be obviously wrong, but not for a mass filing.

--
 - mdz