Re: ntp 4.2.0 in experimental

Hi, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

>> pool.ntp.org resolves to one of (currently) 15 servers.

Correction: it resolves to >100 servers; pool.debian.org points to 15 or
so of those and rotates the list every 90 minutes.

> Assuming one million debian users thats still a big traffic increase.

... assuming that none of those Debian users will join pool.ntp.org.

The next version will include a (_small_) blurb about pool.ntp.org in
/etc/ntp.conf. We hope that the above assumption therefore will turn out
to be false.

--
Matthias Urlichs