Re: ntp 4.2.0 in experimental

Hi,

Goswin von Brederlow:
> So every user now installing ntp will contact the same timeserver?

pool.ntp.org resolves to one of (currently) 15 servers.

> What was wrong with using the debconf resource to configure ntpdate
> and ntpd at the same time?

ntp.conf was not a conffile. It got overwritten every time NTP was
updated.

I do know that we could have parsed that file and edited the server
configuration in-place. However, nobody wanted to spend the time
implementing and testing that, and keeping things as they were is
out of the question.

Personally, I do not have a problem with reinstating debconf support if
somebody does that work.

--
Matthias Urlichs