On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:34:25PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Running wanna-build, the one coordinating instance for all buildds,
> requires communication as "technical" skill for smooth operations.

Running wanna-build, managing the archive software, and developing dpkg
all require the same set of skills: primarily technical skills to ensure
that they keep working. The possibility of other people being usefully
involved is exactly the same. The possibility of other people being
inconvenienced by bad decisions is exactly the same. You'll also note
that James is involved in a bunch of active teams, and actually does
work well with others.

It takes two people to communicate; if it's not working out how you'd
like, it's not reasonable to assign all the blame to one person, least
of all when others are able to communicate with that person entirely
happily.  If "bitch about it in public" is the first method you think of
to improve communication flows, then, well, you don't know what you're
talking about, IMO.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.