> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 12:55:43AM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 Feb 2004 10:18 pm, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > > 	What, silence in face of hostility? I am not sure I blame him.
> > I think the word that is mentioned most is transparency. A bit more of that
> > and we would be OK.
>
> More likely it wouldn't make any difference beyond giving the people who are
> already inclined to be upset more excuses.
>
> > Even if it was a simple "F*ck off, we don't want your
> > steenking buildd" we'd know where we stood,
>
> Are you seriously suggesting that that comment wouldn't be flamed for
> arrogantly dismissing offers of help and declared as being completely
> unacceptable? I trust if such claims are ever made, you'll be criticising
> the complainers for working to suppress transparency.
>
> Cheers,
> aj

At least it would show that the request was recieved and will be
ignored. One can start to work around it (like asking someone else to
build qt-x11-free) instead of waiting for a month in case he is
working on the problem but just not telling.

In a lot of sittuations a simple acklowledgment is all that is needed
to get people to shut up for weeks. Of cause repeadatly acknowlidging
and then ignoring a problem wouldn't help. But you claim that James
and Ryan do the work so that should not be a problem then, right.

MfG
        Goswin