On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 10:50:50AM +0100, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 03:32:56PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > However working around a lagged and unresponsive port is a lot
> > > harder.
> > None of the ports are significantly lagged at the moment.
> Other people do think different about that.

Yes, but Release Mainteners opinion has a lot more weight. The situation
NOW is a lot better than it was a few days before this flamefest begun.

> > They shouldn't stir up trouble when there simply
> > isn't a serious problem...
Judging from all the evidence that is available publicly ( buildd.d.o,
packages.qa.d.o, bjorn.haxx.se/debian etc) There was and for lesser
extend still is a serious problem. Most of > 10d waiting packages were
either Out of Date or waiting for something that is Out of date.
(Actually this seems changed slightly since I last checked, perl
 is holding a lot because of A RC bug that doesnt seem that RC,
 and there has appeared a RC bug in the alsa-jack + rdpes chain).

Since you disagree, I would like to know what I have missed,
what is the information I am overlooking that would tell me that it
is obvious that there was no serious problem.
> > > Just to make myself clear, most buildd maintainers do a spectacular
> > > job, all my (mostly stupid) questions and requests have been handled
> > > timely.
> > ...as you point out.
> I believe you missed the little word "timely" now or ignore the qt-x11-free
> problem lately. Otherwise you should clarify your definition of "timely",
> please.

Emphasis on the "my" part. I know other people have had more trouble,
but I dont like spreading secondhand information.

I didnt request for qt-x11-free on mipsel since when I noticed it being
stuck,  there was already a recent request(s!) on depian-mips list.
I asked if anyone knew who had an an mipsel machine around. I was
directed to Goswin, who told me there should be no need to panic
since qt was already on the top of needs-build list, and should
thus be compiled soon. I disagreed, since I remebered seeing
qt week earlier in the pole position too. Goswin told that I
must have remembered wrong since the need-build list is fifo.
Since my memory occasionaly leaks, I assumed that he was right.
Few days later I came back asking howcome nothing has changed, but
at that point qt was already being built.

OTOH, at the same time I asked why the arm-version of qt-x11-free had
been uploaded but not installed for a few weeks. The person responsible
for the buildd told me that he would look at it and soon enough told
me that the changes where just signed and accepted.

Riku Voipio  	       |    riku.voipio@iki.fi         |
kirkkonummentie 33     |    +358 40 8476974          --+--
02140 Espoo            |                               |
dark> A bad analogy is like leaky screwdriver          |