On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 12:14:09PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > No, he said "you need to replace them".
> >
> > He also said "cannot".
>
> If they can't put up a few buildd's, I'd hardly call that grounds for
> replacement. We have more pressing issues than setting up buildd's (like
> the security of our systems). And if they don't have the time to do that
> (currently, so consider that their time constraints may change), what
> makes anyone think they'll have time to train someone in doing the
> buildd setups?

Debian is still having security problems 3 months after breakin? If so
that would also indicate a major problem with getting work done that
probably needs more hands... It is not a case of training people how
to setup buildds, it is a case of giving people access to w-b. Notice
in the Ingo's email they are giving some people w-b access in 1 day
but are ignoring others permanently. So it DEFINITELY is not a case of
them being overloaded. This isn't the first time people have had major
issues with the way things have been handled by those two and it
certainly won't be the last unless the DPL steps in and forces the
issue.

Chris