Re: Hijacking ITPs ?

Hi, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 February 2004 19.56, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> if there's an ITP out there which hasn't seen any action (AFAIK anyway),
>> how long (after trying to contact the ITP's author) would you wait until
>> you decide to go ahead and package the program yourself?
>
> I guess it depends on
>  - how long was the ITP open?

See the bug number. ;-)  >9months.

>  - how much correspondence is there in the ITP bug report

Zero.

>  - perhaps also: how is experience with this packages wrt other ITPs,
>  how big might the chances be that he will act soon if you prod him?

I don't know him; I just checked on irc.kde.org and he was there yesterday.
Anyway, he already did packages for woody, so ...

> Haven't looked at that ITP, and don't know who filed the bug. Just
> wanted to say that I'd highly welcome packages that would allow kmail to
> do PGP/MIME without manually compiling stuff

Yep, me too. (The other problem I need to solve with this ITP is the fact
that I am NOT going to enter my passphrase ten times a minute ...)

> (any chance that you work
> with the KDE people to make this 'just work' in the default config of
> kmail?)

I plan to do that.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de