Re: Architecture distribution in Debian according to popcon
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Architecture distribution in Debian according to popcon
- From: Florent Rougon <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 19:32:28 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20040126210203.GA1200@iliana> (Sven Luther's message of "Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:02:03 +0100")
- References: <E1Akhxwfirstname.lastname@example.org> <20040126130013.GE26473@iliana> <email@example.com> <20040126210203.GA1200@iliana>
Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Well, i had to fake the MAILFROM lines, i didn't know about that, and i
> guess many people also don't know about that. This means popcon will
> really target mostly only the boxes which are able to receive mail, and
> have real email addresses for root.
Why "receive"? I thought popularity-contest only tried to send mail to
apenwarr-survey (**at**) debian (**dot**) org (at least with the version
in woody). Am I mistaken?
In that case, you only receive mails if the above address has been
unreachable for some time. So, in case you cannot receive mail, well,
you might miss a popcon submission if you happen to do it while the
aforementioned address is unreachable. Doesn't look scary to me.