Re: [mass bug filing] still depending on exim instead of exim4

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 11:23:35AM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> They do. But it is best current practice (I think because apt breaks
>> otherwise) to use
>> Depends: real-package-providing-virtual-package-foo | virtual-package-foo
>> instead of listing only the virtual package
>> Depends: virtual-package-foo

> (Ugh apt bug workaround :-()

>> These packages have
>> Depends: exim | mail-transport-agent

> Unless you're intending to remove exim (3), why is the dep a problem?

Because we do not want people to unintentionally install exim (3)
just because some dependency pulled it in. If apt encouters the
Depends quoted above it will install exim (if no other MTA is already
installed).

Exim 3 is dead. http://www.exim.org/version.html
           cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_