Re: Architecture distribution in Debian according to popcon

Hi,

>     1   0.09% x86_64
>     1   0.09% m68k
>     1   0.09% hppa
>     1   0.09% mips
>     3   0.26% alpha
>     8   0.69% sparc
>    18   1.56% powerpc
>  1119  97.14% i386
>  1152 100.00% total (ignored 532 without arch info)
>
> Not too bad, but I suspect the fraction of non-i386 arch should be
> larger than 2.9%.  If you agree, I suggest you install and configure
> popularity-contest to report your package usage and arch info every
> week.  Several architectures are missing from the list.  Are no-one
> using them?

I guess there should be people who use Debian on their
PDAs such as Zaurus, who do not wish to run such
applications since they are based on CF.

Popcon's not very convenient if the system isn't always up
and well-connected (zaurus is connected via USB).

regards,
	junichi