Re: Browsers which do not know how to handle mailto

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Joe Wreschnig wrote:

> Did you configure your GNOME mail reader in (Foot Menu)->Desktop
> Preferences->Preferred Applications->Mail Reader?
This is not the problem.  I'm perfectly able to configure my desktop
myself (or rather I know perfectly how to work around this stuff).
The problem are new users who are lost without this hint printed in
bold red letters after the first login or browser start ...

> I have mine set to
> Evolution, and mailto: links work fine for me in Galeon.
For sure.

> It would be nice if the default was "Debian Sensible Mail Reader" (like
> the settings under Web Browser and Terminal), which doesn't seem to
> exist currently.
Yes, this is what I was asking for and I wanted to discuss against which
package this bug should be filed ...

Kind regards

        Andreas.