Re: Soliciting "I need these everywhere I go" package lists from Debian admins

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 12:11:12AM -0500, David B Harris wrote:
> Hence this mail - I'm soliciting package lists from other Debian admins
> and developers/maintainers. What I'm looking for (given the small size
> of the target media) is the list of packages you, as a Debian admin,
> install on pretty much every machine you either use routinely or
> administer routinely regardless of what the purpose of the box is.

debfoster. I have a tendency to install, try, and remove again, a number
of applications I don't always need. Debfoster is perfect to track what
I installed manually, and what has been installed to satisfy
dependencies.

Some might point out the fact that aptitude does that job too, but
debfoster implements this particular niche away from any dpkg frontend
available in the archive, so leaves you with more of a choice in that
area.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."