Re: w3m -> standard, lynx -> optional

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:04:12 +0000, James Troup <james@nocrew.org>
wrote:
>Much as I love and use lynx myself, I think it's past time a text-mode
>browser with better table support is made the default.  (I'm assuming
>this will be relatively uncontroversial, but if I'm wrong, this can
>always be undone.)

This is the right decision. (e)links has a lot of misfeatures that
make it unsuitable as default text based web browser. links cannot do
http auth, and elinks has the annoying habit of unpacking .tar.gz
files on the fly during download (and putting the ungzipped .tar into
the filesystem as .tar.gz). Additional, elinks has a dependency list
from here to the moon, and is not something one would like to have on
a lightweight system.

Greetings
Marc