Re: Namespaces, was: summary of software licenses in non-free

On 2004-01-13 12:38:57 +0000 Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:

I think are you exaggerating a bit there. I doubt that a large fraction
of our users are using any non-Debian repositories. Of course I don't
have evidence so if you have any contrary to this I'd be pleased to
see it.

The statistics summary by John Goerzen on vote (which you replied to) suggested that at least 18% of popcon users are using a non-Debian source, as we don't have j2re1.4. Is over a sixth a large fraction? Depends on what you mean by "large". I hate these weasel words.

I'm glad that you aggree that some things are better not in the project's hosting. Ergo, this problem already exists and will likely continue.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at