Re: The stable/testing/unstable branches not a solution ?

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 03:36:12PM -0600, Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:
> I don't see why we should not plan for something like this now.  I also
> don't see how this discussion will distract from the release of sarge, or
> why waiting until sarge is done is approiate.  A lot of issues with the
> current release structure can be seen now, sure maybe more will come up
> but what's the point of waiting?  I sense a long an pointless thread
> comming...

Because, as I said, this discussion is worthless without the input of
the people who are actually involved in the release, and hopefully
they're too busy getting sarge out the door right now. Judging by the
zillions of past discussions on this very topic, people are usually very
wrong as to the real factors that hold up release, and without clear
insight this will just be more of the same tired crap. That sensation
you feel is there for a reason.

 - David Nusinow