Re: Upcoming Debian multiarch support (amd64, sparc64, s390x, mips64) [affects sarge slightly]

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 10:38:11AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> I' saying that if lib64 (the path reported back by dpkg-libinfo) is
> patched into debian packages simply changing the output returned by
> dpkg-libinfo from lib64 to lib/64 or lib-md64 and a recompile of every
> package will do the move. The amount of work for lib is the same but
> lib64 is the defacto standard and backward compatible.

It's the standard.  The FHS mentions them in

	http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-3.10.html

And at the LSB specs also have references to it, e.g.

	/lib64/ld-lsb-ppc64.so.1 as ld.so for ppc64 or
	/lib64/ld-lsb-s390x.so.1 for s390x