Re: [multiarch] Proposal for *-dev packages

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:20:00PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I wouldn't worry too much about porting to a new arch prior to their
> being a preprocessor conditional.  If that's the case then the toolchain
> isn't ready yet and we shouldn't be trying to distribute packages on
> those archs yet anyway.  As for arch-specific information, not sure what
> you mean there, if it's arch-specific in a header file, put preprocessor
> conditionals around it.

The preprocessor conditional is not the problem. The content to put within
conditionals is. Putting arch-specific data in a binary-all header means
I need to know the results of, say, configure on any arch the header
will be installed on when I'm initially putting together the package.

> So you check what the architecture is in the script, that's not terribly
> difficult.

Again the problem is not with the check but with the desired output.

Regards,

Daniel.