Re: Upcoming Debian multiarch support (amd64, sparc64, s390x, mips64) [affects sarge slightly]

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 08:25:34AM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Anthony Towns
> | Build-Depends work fine: you don't change the name of the -dev package
> | (which means you can install the i386 or amd64 -dev package but not both),
> | and set the buildds to only install native packages.
> This loses if you want your compiler to support compiling for both 32
> bit and 64 bit; you need different libc-dev packages installed to even
> build gcc.

Well, that works too, if you have a virtual package (libfoo-dev-amd64
provides: libfoo-dev) and set the buildds to only install native packages.

Cheers,
aj

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004