Re: Upcoming Debian multiarch support (amd64, sparc64, s390x, mips64) [affects sarge slightly]

* Anthony Towns

| Build-Depends work fine: you don't change the name of the -dev package
| (which means you can install the i386 or amd64 -dev package but not both),
| and set the buildds to only install native packages.

This loses if you want your compiler to support compiling for both 32
bit and 64 bit; you need different libc-dev packages installed to even
build gcc.

(Yes, this is a special case, but I'm trying to think whether there
are more of those.)

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-