Re: summary of software licenses in non-free

(putting -devel back in CC, as this is getting technical again)

[We're talking about putting information on why a package is in non-free
somewhere so that it can be parsed well when needed]

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 10:00:21PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 10:49:36PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 10:15:53PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > What about copyright.Debian, or copyright.DFSG ?
> >
> > That would be misleading I think.
> >
> > Why not add it to the copyright filer proper?
>
> I can go one better. Include /usr/share/vrms/reasons/$package
> containing a line like this:
>
> $package: This package has a license which is full of shit
>
> vrms will then show the reasons for packages being in non-free. This
> was never really publicised when it was added because, well, vrms just
> isn't maintained that much.

Ah, great. I'll try to submit this information to DWN for wider
attention.

Besides that, does anybody object to (mass-)filing wishlist bugs on
non-free packages to add this information?

Michael