Re: And next name after Sarge? or PROPOSAL for Codenames' election

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> said:

>> > We used Potato already.
>> We used potato (the name) = Mr. Potato Head (the character), which is
>> different from Mrs. Potato Head (the character). The text is correct.
>
> Well, in some languages it's common to add an "e" suffix to form the
> feminine variant of a word...

Even to family name? Where?

In some languages, it is common to change the latest letter, but all
languages I can think of adding a "e" suffix clearly do not change
family names.

(But anyway, there are so many languages, so...)

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |