Re: Bug in linux-kernel-headers or in linux-wlan-ng?

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:17:47AM +0100, Frederik Dannemare wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having difficulties building linux-wlan-ng for 2.6.1-rc1.
>
> 'fakeroot make-kpkg --append-to-version -frda2 modules_image' spits out:
[...]
> Problem is that mach_mpspec.h, mach_apicdef.h and irq_vectors.h are defined
> with erroneous #includes, it seems (to me, at least).
>
> For instance, /usr/include/asm/irq.h has:    #include "irq_vectors.h"
> But 'find' tells me that irq_vectors.h is to be found here:
>
> root@trinity:/usr/include/asm# find . -name irq_vectors.h
> ./mach-default/irq_vectors.h
> ./mach-visws/irq_vectors.h
> ./mach-pc9800/irq_vectors.h
> ./mach-voyager/irq_vectors.h
>

> On the other hand, linux-kernel-headers README.Debian states that "These
> headers should generally not be included directly." So is linux-wlan-ng
> package in fact the one to blame?

Neither; you are :-)

You're supposed to point linux-wlan-ng to the headers of the kernel
you're running. If that kernel is a prepackaged kernel, you'll want to
install the right kernel-headers package and point the linux-wlan-ng
sources to that kernel; if it's not a prepackaged kernel but instead one
you compiled yourself, you need to show linux-wlan-ng the toplevel
directory of your kernel sources.

In the case of linux-wlan-ng, you can do that by running "make config"
in the toplevel source directory (or by running the configuration script
directly).

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."