Re: Managing changes to configure.in as patches

Hi,

> Until now, running aclocal, autoconf and others from debian/rules
> was considered as a bad practice. So, people run them manualy out
> of the debian packaging.

I think this was discussed sometime ago in debian-devel, and
I was convinced that it's better to run autoconf/automake as
part of build process.

It has the advantage of

1. reducing the number of diffs
2. does not hide problems if it does no longer build with current
   autotools
3. It doesn't actually take that much CPU time to run autotools.
   (running configure script itself seems to be the slowest part).

regards,
	junichi