Re: Advice on how best to handle non-backwards compatibility

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 01:55:49PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> I'm wondering how best to proceed. I'm not sure that I can on-the-fly
> convert the printcap. I'm thinking the best thing I can do is detect this
> situation, and pop up a Debconf note alerting the user to the situation, but
> I wanted to get a general opinion on whether this would be considered abuse
> of Debconf notes before I did this.

I don't know about converting, but if you mess with my carefuly crafted
printcap, I will hurt you. :)

It being a mix of stuff created by lprngtool and apsfilter.

Can't lprngtool just indicate that it can't interpret ones it doesn't
understand?

--
 Marc Wilson |     Prejudice: A vagrant opinion without visible means
 msw@cox.net |     of support.  -- Ambrose Bierce