Re: Controlling what's in the archive (Re: MIA, Incompetent and holiday-loving maintainers)

* David Nusinow (dnusinow@sbcglobal.net) [040105 00:40]:
> I was thinking instead to focus on new maintainers. Require all new
> maintainers to be co-maintainer on some package, or a member of some
> team effort (d-i, X Strike Force, Gnome, KDE, etc) before they can put
> a new package in the archive. The one exception to this is adopting an
> orphaned package. (Note that this only applies to NM's wanting to be
> packagers). This would hopefully prevent archive bloat somewhat, and
> also solve the constant whining about finding a sponsor, because the
> sponsor would be the comaintainer.

Why do you think would it be more easy to find a comaintainer than a
sponsor? (And don't tell that doesn't apply here, because there are
enough orphaned packages around.)

Cheers,
Andi
--