Re: Bug#224742 acknowledged by developer (Re: Bug#224742: Related to this issue...)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#224742 acknowledged by developer (Re: Bug#224742: Related to this issue...)
- From: Tollef Fog Heen <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 23:14:32 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20040101214751.GO1765@deadbeast.net> (Branden Robinson's message of "Thu, 1 Jan 2004 16:47:51 -0500")
- References: <E1AY2P1-0000RRfirstname.lastname@example.org> <handler.224742.D224742.email@example.com> <20031225144158.GA10770@cs.unibo.it> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20031226064102.GA24571@azure.humbug.org.au> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20031231090848.GQ11133@deadbeast.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] 20040101214751.GO1765@deadbeast.net>
* Branden Robinson
| On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 12:25:28PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
| > * Branden Robinson
| > | So, the "wontfix" tag is inapplicable to wishlist bugs by definition?
| > No, but the maintainer can choose to close the bug instead.
| And he cannot make this choice with non-wishlist bugs? Is it
| inappropriate to close a non-wishlist bug instead of tagging it wontfix?
Yes, that's inappropriate, since it is a bug, but you say that it's
not. Wishlist bugs aren't bugs, they are wishlist requests. If you
tag a normal bug wontfix it means that you agree that it's a bug, but
it won't be fixed (for instance due to design choices or other
| How do you justify your answers to these questions using the existing
| BTS documentation?
The BTS docs doesn't document how wishlist bugs should be handled very
well, so it's mostly the maintainer's choice,and tradition which says
how to handle wishlist requests.
Tollef Fog Heen ,''`.
UNIX is user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are : :' :