Re: apt 0.6 in experimental

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 03:09:18AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 10:32:17PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> ] Origin: Nathaniel W. Turner
> ] Label: Unofficial Snapshot Packages
>
> I'd expect the spaces there to cause problems. If they don't, I'm out of
> ideas too.

I don't think that apt cares as far as parsing the file, but I'm not sure
that the syntax of apt_preferences would allow these values to be used in
pins.

> Some rough documentation, AIUI:

Thanks!

> ] Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:57:17 UTC
>
> The timestamp of the Release file, in "date -uR" format.

When I added Release file support to apt-ftparchive, I used
strftime(...,"%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S UTC") which matches what I see in the
Release files in the archive:

mizar:[~] curl -s 'http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/Release' |grep Date