Re: [custom] Debian Enterprise - a Custom Debian Distribution

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 07:08, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > I have started a web site at
> >
> > http://debian-enterprise.org/
> Did you
>      apt-get install subproject-howto

I did actually - after your last such recommendation. Double thanks.

> ?  It might help you registering a site under www.debian.org (once its
> services are up again.

Cool. I'll check it out in a day or five :)

> > REALISATION OF GOALS
> >  - meta/ task packages - Debian FLAVOURS (to be implemented,
> >    but proposed some time back)
> As I said: At least other people who use the meta package approach inside
> Debian use the term "Custom Debian Distribution" ...

Sorry, I should have updated that line.

I have decided upon the term Custom Debian Distribution for all my own
references. (Note that most other references in [my personal +
debian-enterprise] web pages, the email Subject: and my sig, all refer
to Custom Debian Distribution. Definitely it's a nice term to use.)

> >  - website, support forum?, lists, irc, wiki
> See above.

ta

> In general I like your approach.  You might have a look at
>
>      http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-jr/     or
>      http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/
>
> and the according wml files in CVS (once this service is up again)

I have spent a little time on those websites, as well as
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-np/ (non profit) (always more to do
though). In fact, Debian Non Profit is a nice counterpoint to
debian-enterprise, yet I think that technical goals will be more closely
coincident than might at first be obvious :)

Gotta love free software community-based model.

regards
zenaan

--
Debian Enterprise: A Custom Debian Distribution: http://debian-enterprise.org/