Re: [custom] Debian Enterprise - a Custom Debian Distribution

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> Seems like now is a good time to start a new thread. Including [custom]
> tag too...
:)

> I have started a web site at
>
> http://debian-enterprise.org/
Did you
     apt-get install subproject-howto
?  It might help you registering a site under www.debian.org (once its
services are up again.
(BTW, the site seems to be unavailable currently ...)

> > This is a extract of my conversation with joey:
Just for the record, we have "two Joeys": Joey Hess and Martin 'Joey' Schulze :)

> REALISATION OF GOALS
>  - meta/ task packages - Debian FLAVOURS (to be implemented,
>    but proposed some time back)
As I said: At least other people who use the meta package approach inside
Debian use the term "Custom Debian Distribution" ...

>  - website, support forum?, lists, irc, wiki
See above.

In general I like your approach.  You might have a look at

     http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-jr/     or
     http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/

and the according wml files in CVS (once this service is up again)

Kind regards

            Andreas.

--
Sie schaffen eine Wüste und nennen es Frieden.
		-- Publius Cornelius Tacitus (55-120)