Re: Custom Debian Distributions (was: Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?))

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 02:01:40PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Some of our work is and can not be, for technical reasons, part of the
> > vanilla Debian but we're working hard on fixing this and we're not
> > unlike something like experimental in that way really.
>
> And like I said: derivative distributions, like Debian-NP, Knoppix,
> Adamantix, whatever, are a Good Thing. IMO, there's absolutely no need to
> justify yourself with "we're trying to integrate it back in, really
> we are!"

The one reason I see is that Adamantix got themselves into hot water
for calling themselves "Trusted Debian" when they were in fact not
working with or inside Debian while we are doing similar things from a
technical perspective but we identify very much as being inside the
project with a d.o website, list, etc. and I suspect that most of us
would like things to stay this way. :)

Regards,
Mako

--