Re: testing packages at build

Branden Robinson wrote:
> No, it's a problem for programs that use cpp to parse X resource files.
>
> In particular, I noticed that xdm broke due to a mangled
> /etc/X11/xdm/Xresources file when built with cpp 3.3 instead of cpp 3.2.

I do not know enough about what X resource files are supposed to look
like to identify this bug for sure.  However, I notice that the
/etc/X11/xdm/Xresources file from Daniel's experimental X4.3.0 debs
appears to have had all its backslash-newlines eaten:

| xlogin*login.translations: #override
|         Ctrl<Key>R: abort-display()\n
|         <Key>F1: set-session-argument(failsafe) finish-field()\n

and I *think* a bug in the handling of backslash-newlines with
-traditional was fixed for GCC 3.3.2, which is due out today.  Would
you please try that version when it comes out, and if it's still
broken, file a proper bug report?

zw