Re: testing packages at build

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:59:25 -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 08:38:17PM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> >
> > > My god, that was awful.  They still haven't fixed cpp -traditional, as
> > > far as I know.  Grumble grumble grumble.
> >
> > Bug number?
>
> Mumble mumble mumble.  Never got around to filing it, figured XFree86
> wasn't such obscure code that that the GCC developers would refuse to
> touch it with a ten foot pole, reckoned they might happen upon the
> problem independently and fix it with chagrin
[...]

Well, if we came upon the problem independently we might have fixed
it.  But I don't know if we did, because I have no idea what the
problem is.  I have a vague memory of some problems with line
numbering under -traditional, but that would only have affected
programs that don't use -P, and imake uses -P, doesn't it?  Is this
even an imake issue?

zw