Re: Hardcoding of .la file paths in .la files

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 11:11:35AM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  > What's more of a problem here is that libtool actually links
>  > dependency libraries of dependencies ... it's something I've been
>  > working on for a while.

>  That's a bug, not a feature.  From libtool's perspective at least.

No, it's still a damn bug; the problem is that libtool upstream
has always prioritized functionality on broken architectures above
correctness on non-broken architectures, so it's not a bug that's
gotten attention.  I'm grateful to Scott for daring to take it on.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer