Re: A new way to specify versionned dependencies may be needed

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 01:46:08AM +0200, Nicolas Boullis wrote:
> Moreover, that does not answer to my real question: is there a good
> reason not to implement such an extended syntax for versionned
> relationships.

Probably not; but there needs to be a good reason to do it. It has to
be implemented in dpkg, apt, testing, and everything else that worries
about conflicts, and to ensure upgrades work okay, can't be used for
a release after it's rolled out (so, assuming a release once a year,
not until early 2006). Do you care enough?

Cheers,
aj

Australian DMCA (the Digital Agenda Amendments) Under Review!
	-- http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/copyright/digitalagenda