Re: Re: Where are we now? (Was: Bits from the RM)

Ervin Hearn III dijo [Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 02:27:48PM -0400]:

> > > Please don't do this yet, since dselect is still more self-documenting,
> > > and therefore easier for new people to use.  :-P
> >
> > Easier for new people to use?!?
> >
> > /me rolls off chair laughing.
> >
> > I sincerely hope the ":-P" means you are using sarcasm.
> >

> Quite seriously, I prefer using dselect... the main complaint
> I've heard from new users is being able to search for a specific
> package quickly. As soon as I teach them about / for find and
> \ for find again, they generally find it just as useful as I do.

...This is just a 'me too' for Evin's position... I am very fond of
dselect's way of organizing its listings.

Maybe we should ask the user at first boot if he wishes to use tasksel,
dselect, aptitude or none-of-the-above, instead of going just tasksel
and dselect... But, yes, that would increase the footprint of our base
system. And I don't know if we want to support users using by default
different package manages :)

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366