Re: Building kernel modules for stock kernels is a hell of a job!

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 12:27:29AM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> > > kdist_clean:
> > >         $(ROOT_CMD) $(MAKE) $(MFLAGS) -f debian/rules clean
> >
> > Are those $(MFLAGS) really useful?
> > I thought they were not because $(MAKE) also had the flags, but I'm not
> > sure anymore...
>
> MFLAGS are the flags that make got on the commandline. The calls above
> copy the make call with options.

Well, I just checked the gnu make manual (section 5.6.3) and, if I
understand it correctly, it says that using $(MFLAGS) is now useless
thanks to the $(MAKEFLAGS) variable...

Is there something wrong with my inderstanding of this manual? Or is
this a gnu-only feature, that we should not depend on?

Regards,

Nicolas