Re: IMPORTANT: your message to html-tidy

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 07:40:37PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > > i'm not interested in accepting mail from known open relays or open proxies
> > > or from dynamic IP pools.
> >
> > In the latter case, you'll be excluding the personal mail I just sent you
> > from my system, which happens to use a dynamic IP assignment for its
> > mailserver.  Never issued spam.  Totally clean configuration.  But you're
> > going to blackhole it.  Nice.
>
> yes, very nice.  i don't want to accept mail from dynamic IP addresses.  almost
> all of it is spam.  i'm more than willing to accept the fact that i'll
> occasionally miss out(*) on a tiny amount of mail from *nix hobbyist users
> because it means that i'll also miss out on thousands and thousands of spams.
> for me, that trade is more than worthwhile.
>

> (*) more correctly, it just makes it harder for them to contact me, not
> impossible.

You would be surprised at how many people complain about being booted off
a debian list because they've been bouncing spam back to the list handler.

And then they complain that the listmasters never got back to them. If
I send you an email and you bounce it back to me because it came from
a dynamic IP, that's your problem, not mine. I am not going to waste
my time trying to find a way to contact you, I have much more
interesting things to do with my time.

Cheers,

Pasc
--
Pascal Hakim                                                     0411-283-060
                            "Do not bend."