SpamAssasin loads (Re: IMPORTANT: your message to html-tidy)

Cameron Patrick <cameron@patrick.wattle.id.au> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 04:17:22AM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>
> | Running SA on modest HW with networking rules disabled can filter 20-40
> | messages/hr according to Dan Quinlan (SA developer, personal
> | conversation).
>
> 20-40 messages per /HOUR/?  Spamassassin takes <1s to filter a message
> on my desktop, so presumably reasonably recent hardware should be able
> to manage 20-40 per minute...

Anecdotal date:

On an older Athlon 700, with 320Mb, I've managed 30/minute, but it was
swamped.

On a dual Athlon MP2600+ with 2Gb, I can flood it with about 60 and
it's fine...

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini
rossini@u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may be
confidential and privileged. If you received this message in error,
please destroy it and notify the sender. Thank you.