Re: [Fwd: False Representation at Google.com]

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 18:22, Ava Driscoll wrote:
> I have sent a complaint regarding SPAM abuse to Yahoo regarding the
> originator of the SPAM.  Perhaps I am not the only Ava Driscoll in the
> world.  However, it is the name of my web portfolio site and the only
> name I ever had.  I am against SPAM and it hurts to have it associated
> with my name in any way.  It is disappointing that someone would use
> your mailing list and it shows up as no. 1 and 2 when I use my name.  I

The solution is really simple, become more popular!

When you become popular and have lots of people linking to your site then
google will give it a higher rating.

Start by asking your friends to put links to your site.  Then ask anyone who
does a review of a "web portfolio" (whatever that may be) to include a link
to your site.  Make sure that the links to your site include your name in
accompanying text.

However if you want mailing list discussions about spam to be the hot items
for a google search on your name then continue this discussion!

Also for bonus points, if you annoy people here they may provide links from
their web sites to this discussion, as many people here have high-ranked web
sites that could result in a fairly permanent google result of a search for
your name being this discussion.  I presume that this is not what you want.

If you REALLY want a good google result then you could always pay for some
advertising, I understand that the payment model is per-hit so the cost of
advertising should be directly proportional to the result.