Re: debconf template translation

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 04:29:26PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I think it's possible to strike a happy medium here between shotgun bug
> > reports and delayed access to translations.  I think a key component is
> > getting templates into the hands of translators BEFORE the package is
> > uploaded -- which obviously requires the involvement of maintainers.
>
> Steve, that's a really good point that I hadn't considered in my posts
> on this subject. There clearly needs to be a way for maintainers to feed
> new and modified English templates into the translations system with a
> minimum of fuss, that is decoupled from uploading the binary package.

I don't have a problem with this.

Yes you are right, we should add something like 'debconf-submit@ddtp.debian.org'.

A source package maintainer can send a template file to this email
address, the server will include the new english text to its database
and write bug reports to the old translators and give the new texts a
extra hight priority.

Comments?

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
Und mit doppelseitig bestrichenen Sandwiches baut man das