Re: A maze of twisty little python packages, all different

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Marc Haber wrote:
> "current" stale. Currently, packages using python are almost as
> un-backportable as debconf and debhelper because of the huge
> dependency/conflicts chain that follows.

Huh?  I had no problems to backport either debconf OR debhelper a few months
back.  Did it get that nasty this fast?

Python, OTOH, is a dependency nightmare.  I removed my mailman backport
because of it.  If you do manage to backport python to the point that
mailman works fine with it, I will applaud your efforts (and use your
mailman backport :P )

  Henrique Holschuh